American Bank’s annual Holiday Bear Drive is back and underway. Donations of new stuffed teddy bears will be accepted at any American Bank or TexStar National Bank location through December 31.
The stuffed bears are given to children and families who need comfort and support to help rebuild their lives. The bears will be displayed under the Christmas trees in each branch during the holiday season before being donated to the following community organizations:
- Camp Aranzazu – Based near Rockport, Camp Aranzazu is dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults with special needs and chronic illnesses by providing unique camping, environmental education, and retreat experiences.
- Mainspring Schools – Headquartered in Austin, Mainspring Schools provides underserved children and their families with a community for high-quality early education, nutrition, family services, and community building.
- Nueces County Court at Law No. 5, Judge Timothy McCoy – Located in Corpus Christi, Judge McCoy’s Court is a specialized docket, hearing cases involving juvenile delinquency, Child Protective Services, and guardianship.
- The Purple Door – The Purple Door is a nonprofit agency providing free services and a safe shelter to victims and survivors of family violence and sexual assault throughout a 12-county region of South Texas.
- CASA (Child Advocates of San Antonio) – As part of a nationwide network, CASA recruits, trains, and supports volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocates who represent and speak on behalf of abused and neglected children involved in the child welfare system.
American Bank’s annual Holiday Bear Drive debuted in 1994. Since the program’s inception, American Bank clients, employees and friends have donated more than 21,000 teddy bears to area organizations.
“It's amazing how something as simple as a teddy bear can bring happiness and comfort to both adults and children who have experienced profound trauma,” said Frances Wilson, President and CEO of The Purple Door. “We are honored to be a part of American Bank’s long-standing tradition.”
About American Bank
American Bank was founded in Corpus Christi, Texas in 1970. It is an independent financial institution with assets of more than $2 billion as of September 30, 2022. American Bank has 13 locations in the Texas communities of Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, Rockport, Goliad, and Victoria. In December 2021, American Bank acquired ACG Equipment Finance based in Austin, Texas, which provides financing for essential business use equipment across the United States. In October 2022, American Bank announced it had received regulatory approval and closed on its acquisition of TexStar National Bank. TexStar has six locations in the San Antonio, Texas area with total assets of $451 million as of September 30, 2022. American Bank’s strategic plan includes growth in the size and scope of the bank’s operations and geographic footprint; an exceptional banking experience for clients; and a position as a leading regional Texas bank. Services include Commercial Banking, with Centers of Excellence specializing in commercial real estate, medical, energy, SBA and technology lending; a full range of Personal and Business Banking services, including business and personal deposit accounts and loans; Wealth Management services including Private Banking, Investment Management, Trust and non-bank investments; a full suite of technology-enabled Treasury Management services; home mortgage and construction-related loans; and a full range of electronic banking services. More information can be found at www.americanbank.com. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.
American Bank acquires TexStar National Bank
What you need to know
As of October 1, 2022, American Bank purchased TexStar National Bank. If you are interested in additional details about our acquisition of TexStar, we’ve created a merger guide including FAQs