- Check Card
- Credit Card
No more check writing hassles, no more running out of checks and no more toting around cash. One card from American Bank really can do it all.
American Bank’s Check Card is always a great way to pay – anytime, anywhere you see the MasterCard® logo. You can use it instead of writing a check or paying cash at any merchant that accepts MasterCard debit cards. You can also use it to withdraw cash at most ATM locations worldwide, check your account balances and transfer funds between your American Bank accounts. And since it is not a credit card, there are no interest charges when you use it. When you use your card for payment, the amount will automatically be deducted from your primary checking account.
It's faster than writing a check, and you can view your Check Card transactions with details on bank statements, in Bank OnLine and by calling 24-Hr. Bank-By-Phone.
And your Check Card’s microchip provides the latest in security features to help protect you from fraud. The chip also expands your Check Card’s acceptance worldwide. See our FAQ for more information about the chip Check Card.
Using Your Check Card
Use in place of checks by signature, anywhere MasterCard® debit cards are accepted, by selecting "Credit" or handing your card to the cashier. Use in place of checks by PIN anywhere you see a PIN pad using the Pulse or Cirrus network by selecting "Debit." For signature or PIN purchases, the amount is immediately deducted from your primary checking account. Depending on the merchant, you may be able to get cash back during your transaction.
Use at American Bank ATMs to withdraw cash from your linked checking or savings account(s), check your linked account balances, and transfer funds from one linked American Bank account to another.
You can also use your Check Card at non-American Bank ATMs to withdraw cash from your primary checking account and check your linked account balances. You will be charged a small American Bank fee, in addition to any surcharge by the operator of that ATM. Our ATM network includes Pulse® and Cirrus®.
Check Card Safety Tips
- Treat your Check Card like cash - keep it in a safe place.
- Memorize your PIN - never carry a written record of it.
- Use ATMs in visible, well-lit locations and be prepared to take your cash quickly.
- Double check the dollar amount you have entered before going to the next step.
- Keep your Check Card receipts to check your statement for unauthorized or inaccurate transactions.
- If your Check Card is lost or stolen, report it as soon as possible to Customer Service DirectLine.
- Report any errors in your bank statement records to Customer Service DirectLine.