- Interest Rates
Simply perfect. This straightforward savings account offers:
- No monthly maintenance fee if daily balance is $500 or more; $3 per month otherwise.
- Two free withdrawals each month.1
- Competitive, variable interest, paid monthly.2 3
A special savings program for anyone age 17 or younger who has an immediate family member with an American Bank account and will sign on the savings account.
- No monthly maintenance fee if daily balance is $5 or more; $3 per month otherwise.
- Three free withdrawals per quarter.1
- Variable interest, paid quarterly.2 3
- Quarterly statement.
A money market account featuring limited check writing and tiered, competitive interest rates based on the balances you keep.
- No monthly maintenance fee if daily balance is $2500 or more; $15 per month otherwise.
- Convenient access to funds through an American Bank Check Card (some limitations and fees may apply).1
- Variable interest, paid monthly.2 3
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is an interest-bearing account for individuals and families who are covered by a high deductible health insurance plan (HDHP). An HSA allows tax-deductible contributions and tax-free distributions when its funds are used to pay for qualified medical expenses. For details, contact a Personal Banker.
1 Unlimited number of lobby or ATM withdrawals (subject to the current fee schedule). During any statement period, you may not make more than 6 withdrawals or transfers to another account of yours or to a third party by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer or telephone order or instruction, computer transfer, or by check, draft, debit card or similar order to a third party. ATM, POS and debit card transactions are not counted as items for fee purposes.
3 We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.