FDIC Money Smart for Small Businesses
Money Smart for Small Business (MSSB) provides an introduction to topics related to starting and managing a business. MSSB was developed jointly by the FDIC and the U.S. Small Business Administration. The full materials are available for immediate download at Money Smart For Small Business.
- Identifies the banking services commonly available to a small business and explains how these services work
- Identifies the advantages and disadvantages of each of the banking services
- Explains how a small business owner can determine which banking services are best for their business
- Defines several forms of deposit insurance
- Describes some benefits of building effective long-term relationships with a banker or lender
- Describes the role of a personal credit score in the lending process
- Explains the benefits of separating business and personal bank transactions
- Explains how an evolving planning process can help a business owner make key decisions
- Describes how to convert a vague idea into a resource plan
- Explains the importance of a healthy personal credit score and healthy relationships with lenders
- Describes how a business plan helps motivate stakeholders to understand and support your business ideas
- Explains the benefits of creating a day-to-day action plan for running a small business
Commercial Real Estate
We provide local businesses with a variety of real estate loans because we want to see our communities flourish. We don’t just lend here. We live here.