Your new login experience - March 27, 8 a.m.
- Click on the red ‘LOGIN’ button in the top right-hand corner of americanbank.com.
- Select "Personal Online Banking."
- Enter your existing login ID (case sensitive) and click "LOG IN" to be directed to enter your temporary password and complete the identity verification process.
The first-time login process will require 2 credentials:
- Your Personal Online Banking ID (same as you use today; case sensitive)
- Temporary password (last 6 digits of your social security number for consumer accounts or the last 6 digits of your EIN for small business accounts)
You will be required to validate your identity by entering a 6-digit code that is sent to the phone number we have on file for you.
Once you have completed the steps above, you will be prompted to establish a new, unique, secure password for future access.
March 24, 2023
Continue accessing your TexStar Retail Online Banking until March 24 at 3 p.m.
Save your transaction activity.
Download and save online statements.
Save a copy of your Bill Pay payees, history and scheduled or recurring Bill Payments before 7 a.m. on March 24.
March 24, 3 p.m. – March 27, 8 a.m.
TexStar Retail Online Banking will be set to ‘Inquire Only’ functionality with no transactional activity (money movement) of any kind available, including Bill Pay.
This is your last opportunity to save any information from the system such as online statements, transaction history, and scheduled or recurring transfers.
March 27, 2023
Access to American Bank Personal Online Banking will be available no later than 8 a.m.
March 29, 2023
6 full months of Bill Pay history will be available in Personal Online Banking.
All remaining online statements will be available in June 2023. This includes statements from December 2022 through April 2023.
Safe Deposit Boxes
Information regarding your Safe Deposit Box will no longer be available to you in Personal Online Banking. Instead, you will receive notices of payments due by mail.
If you are an active bill pay user in TexStar's Retail Online Banking, your bill pay profile will be converted to the new American Bank Online Banking system. Please read each section below for a successful transition to American Bank's Personal Online Bill Pay.
Important to know:
- Access to the TexStar Personal Bill Pay will be removed at 7 a.m. on March 24.
- Your Payee details will convert to the new system, and you will need to validate them after the conversion.
- Your scheduled and recurring bill payments will convert to the new system, and you will need to validate them after conversion.
- The American Bank Bill Pay platform uses "Deliver by date" functionality. Please review all bill payments in the new system to confirm timely delivery for your payments.
- 6 months of your Bill Pay history will convert to the new system after March 29.
- The account you currently pay the most bills with (has the most transactions associated) will become your Primary Funding account in the new Bill Pay system. You can edit this by clicking the "Customize accounts" functionality.
- eBills will not convert. eBillers are limited to only one aggregation relationship with a vendor. So in order to enroll eBills in the American Bank system, you must first disconnect eBills from the TexStar Bill Pay system. If you do not disconnect prior to conversion, you will likely get an error when attempting to reconnect.
- The PopMoney functionality you have today will no longer be available in the American Bank Bill Pay platform. However, we offer other convenient transfer capabilities.
Important things to do:
- Save a copy of all existing Bill Pay payees, payment information and bill pay history prior to 7 a.m. on March 24.
- Disconnect any eBills from the TexStar system prior to 7 a.m. on March 24. Reconnect eligible eBills in the American Bank Bill Pay on or after March 27.
- Validate your payee information, including account information, is accurate on or after March 27.
- Review all bill payments in the new system to confirm timely delivery for your payments on or after March 27.
- Validate your primary funding account on or after March 27. This can be found in the 'Customer Service' section under 'Accounts.'
All TexStar clients who use an Intuit product including Quicken, QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online and Mint.com will be required to take action to ensure a successful conversion to the new American Bank Online Banking Platform.
Prior to conversion (1st Action Date: 03-24-2023) a datafile backup and a final transaction download should be completed. Please make sure to complete the final download before this date because transaction history may not be available immediately after the conversion.
After the conversion (2nd Action Date: 03-27-2023) you should complete the remaining steps on the conversion instructions. You will complete the deactivate/reactivate of your online banking connection to ensure that you get your current Quicken or QuickBooks accounts set up with the new connection.
Please carefully review your downloaded transactions after completing the conversion instructions to ensure no transactions were duplicated or missed on the register.
Make the most of your new American Bank account with Personal Online Banking. Here are a few things to complete once you've logged in.
Please ensure your contact information, including email and phone numbers, is accurate for the best online banking experience.
Instructions: Click the 3 dots in the navigation menu titled 'More' > click the ‘Customer Service’ link > click the ‘Contact Information’ link and review and manage your contact details. When complete, your changes will be made immediately.
Any account nicknames that you previously had established in TexStar Retail Online Banking did not convert to the new system. American Bank Personal Online Banking allows you to customize your account description, hide accounts you may not want to see on your dashboard, and manage accounts available for bill pay.
Instructions: Click the 3 dots in the navigation menu titled 'More' > click the 'Customer Service' link > click the 'Accounts' link and update your preferences. When complete, click the 'Submit' button at the bottom of the screen and your changes will be immediately updated.
Any scheduled or recurring transfers you have established in Retail Online Banking will convert to the American Bank Personal Online Banking platform and process as expected. You should verify all scheduled and recurring transactions, both before and after conversion, for accuracy.
Instructions: From the main dashboard, click the hamburger menu titled 'All' > select 'Transactions' > select 'Scheduled Transfers' to review any transfers that are scheduled. You can review any transfers that have not yet been processed. Note that you may edit or stop transfers listed here.
You will have up to 18 months of transaction history available in Personal Online Banking. Please be aware that items with images may not have an image available right way, and may take up to 10 weeks for all images to populate. In addition, any transaction memos that you would like to re-establish in the new system can be completed after Tuesday, March 28, 2023.
Instructions: From the main dashboard, click the 'Activity' icon in the top navigation menu. You can review up to 18 months of transaction activity for each account by clicking the 'Change Account' drop down.
Your statement delivery preferences will not transition to our new system. We encourage you to save your statements prior to March 24, 2023 because not all statements will be available right away in the new system.
Instructions: From the main dashboard, click the "Document" icon in the top navigation menu > click the "change your statement delivery method" link and your eligible accounts will populate. The statement delivery method will default to paper and you can choose online delivery for each. Be sure to open and review the "Electronic Banking Agreement" link and click the box indicating that you agree. An email address must be available in your profile for successful online statement delivery. If you receive an error, please follow the instructions in Step 1 above and update your contact information.
After enrolling in online statement delivery, American Bank offers up to 7 years of history. However, it will take until June 2023 for our system to complete the upload of all statements, including statements between December 2022 and April 2023.
You will need to delete your current mobile banking app and download the American Bank Personal Mobile Banking app. After you successfully log in to Personal Online Banking on a supported web browser, you can use your new credentials to log in to the American Bank Personal Mobile Banking app.